This policy also does not apply to Personal Health Information (“PHI”) or to other information protected by the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). REEL’s officers, employees, and volunteers are not licensed therapists and we do not provide any medical or therapeutic services through our Website or our 2e Program.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about visitors to our Website and participants in our 2e Program, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other information collected through our Website or our 2e Program that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);
• about your child’s or family’s experiences and school; and/or
• required to complete a payment, donation, or registration for our Program.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
• Indirectly from third party intermediaries with whom we partner to provide you with services.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect through our Website and 2e Program may include:
• Information that you provide through our Website or our 2e Program. This includes information provided when you sign up for the 2e Program; when we respond to your inquiries related to the Website or the 2e Program; and when you provide feedback on our Website or our 2e Program.
• Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete for registration purposes.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites and mobile applications, as you navigate through and interact with our Website or 2e Program, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website or participation in our 2e Program, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website or through our 2e Program.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
• Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. We may also maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and our 2e Program and to deliver better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or our 2e Program according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website or our 2e Program.
As with many other sites, our Website may use “cookies” or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. We may collect the following types of information about your visit including: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the site; date and time of your visit; content you visited or downloaded; and website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the website. Our Website and our 2e Program use two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Website or our 2e Program. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our site and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by REEL to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit our Website or our 2e Program. We do not respond to ‘do not track’ signals in your browser. We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit our Website or our 2e Program. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. This is information we receive about you when we work with third parties (including, for example, third party intermediaries with whom we partner to provide you with services). We sometimes work with third parties (including, for example, third parties intermediaries with whom we partner to provide you with services, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, and search information providers), such as Google, Zoom, and Wix, among others.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
• To complete any application or other transactions you request online, such as registering for programs, payment processing, signing up for events, processing donations, or any other action you request online.
• To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
• To contact you about activities related to REEL or our 2e Program.
• To determine eligibility for registration and other benefits.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from REEL, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or our 2e Program.
• For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
• To comply with applicable federal and state law.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• To service providers that assist us in the operation, maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Website or 2e Program.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
• To communicate with you about REEL or our 2e Program.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
V. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
• Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our visitors and participants across third party websites.
• Correction of Information. If you wish to correct any information that you have provided to us directly or opt-out of any promotional or other e-mails from REEL, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also unsubscribe from such communications by following the procedures described in the email.
Because we partner with third parties to provide you with our Website and our 2e Program, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how they might track or disclose your information and what choices you have to opt-out of any tracking that they might perform. Please also refer to the information in the Third Party Websites section below.
VI. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Where REEL has provided you with a password that enables you to access our 2e Program, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone who you have not invited to participate in our 2e Program. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the 2e Program.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to REEL; any transmission is at your own risk.
VII. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
VIII. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
In general, neither our Website nor our 2e Program is intended for children under 13 years of age. Typically, REEL does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 13. However, certain sections of our Website and our 2e Program that collect personal information from all visitors and participants are made available to children under the age of 13 solely for educational purposes. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information online. We suggest that parents and guardians participate in their children's online activities and use parental controls or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the internet. For more information about how REEL may collect personal information from all visitors to our Website or participants in our 2e Program, please contact us at email@example.com.
XI. CONTACT INFORMATION
XII. EFFECTIVE DATE